rules & information
- No pre-fishing in tournament waters for 2 days prior to the tournament
- Any water accessible from Penn, Vernon and Fairy lake is open for fishing.
- 2 Persons per Team. The captain must be at least 19 years of age. The other contestant must be capable to fish on his own without assistance. Any contestants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult to collect tournament prizes.
- All contestants who by provincial regulation are required to purchase a license, must have a sport fishing license. Anglers cannot compete in the tournament with a conservation fishing license.
- All laws in regards to boating, fishing and life saving equipment must be adhered to and will be enforced. Life jackets must be worn at departure time and at anytime when travelling faster than a trolling speed. You are participating in this even at your own risk.
- No alcohol or drug use during tournament hours.
- A minimum of 100 feet must be maintained between competitors at all times during the tournament. Competitors are not allowed to go to shore unless permission is given to do so, and no fishing is allowed within 300 feet of the main dock.
- Your live-well must be functional and have the capacity for water exchange and be mechanically aerated at all times when fish are being held.
- Northern Pike is the only type of fish admissible. No other species of fish are permitted in your boats or your live wells at any time during the competition. Every effort must be made to keep the fish alive. Fish should be measured as soon as possible.
- Artificial tackle only.
- Measuring: The minimum size is 20” for the entire length of the fish. They will be measured in 1/4” increments and must be recorded above the 1/8” increment to be scored to the next 1/4” mark. Dead or fish not reasonably expected to live will be penalized 5” and are not eligible for the Big Fish Prize. There is a 5 Fish Limit.
- All ties will be determined by the team with the largest fish.
- Decisions of the tournament officials are final. NO APPEAL
- Any infractions of the above rules will result in disqualification with no refund of entry fee.
- Although unlikely, if necessary and at the discretion of the The Huntsville Fire Department, tournament days may be shortened, postponed, or cancelled due to unsafe weather.
- Pre-Registration will be from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm on June 6th at TBA. Teams registering on the morning of the tournament must sign in by 6:15am and will penalized 15 minutes of fishing time.
17. Boat Inspections will take place at all three docks from 6:15-6:45am on June 7.
- Scoring stations will be at the Town Docks, the Tally-Ho Public Docks and Tawingo. The scoring stations will be open from 7am to 3:30pm. All Teams must report back to the town docks for the final weigh-in at 4pm.
- The teams are responsible for their own Official Scorecard. Do not lose your scorecards.